Mitsubishi Imaging makes going green affordable with the eco-friendly Thermal DigiPlate, the 2-up CTP system ideal for small printers who want an environmentally friendly upgrade from analog and electrostatic plates and the ability to image film.
Mitsubishi Imaging's processless and chemistry-free Thermal DigiPlater is a 2-up dual function platesetter and film imager. The system is available in two configurations: TDP-459 and TDP-324. Media options include TDP-R175 paper-based plates and TFP-100 graphic arts thermal film. Thermal DigiPlate CTP system is ideal for small printers producing mostly one to two color jobs, who want an environmentally friendly upgrade from analog and electrostatic plates, with the added benefit of being able to image graphic arts film.
The Thermal DigiPlate System is eco-friendly because it is a truly processless system that uses Mitsubishi Imaging's patented thermal fusing technology to create a high-contrast image on the plate without chemical development, wash-off or ablation. The system eliminates the need for chemicals, toner, ink ribbon, processer maintenance and chemical disposal reducing your business’ impact on the environment.
The Thermal DigiPlate System will produce up to 75 plates/hour widths from 9" up to 18.1" width and lengths up to x 20.8" length, it is also well suited for high-volume environments looking for an eco-friendly option.
Features of the Eco-Friendly Thermal DigiPlate TDP-459E/324E platesetter
- Thermal inline head technology
- Optimized for 2-up format with a resolution of 1200 dpi/120 lpi
- No chemicals, toner or ink ribbon are necessary, providing easy maintenance
- High speed - 75 plates/hr
Features of the Eco-Friendly Thermal DigiPlate TDP-R175 plates
- Truly processless CTP paper-based plate
- Absolutely no chemicals are required for the processing of the printing plates
- High image contrast, good repeatability and easy control of the images
- The resin coated paper plate is available in 246' rolls
Features of the Eco-Friendly Graphic Arts Film TFP-100
- Truly processless clear graphic arts thermal film
- Absolutely no chemicals are required for the imaging of the film
- High level of dimensional stability enables accurate registration
- DMAX>4 and film is available in 200' rolls